Linux Systems Engineer with Devops experience
We are looking for a candidate who can fill the position of Linux Systems Engineer. You will have the chance to join this inspiring and global organisation and be part of an exciting journey going forward with a company focusing on an international growth strategy.
The Linux Systems Engineer will be part of an existing engineering team that is responsible for design, development, deployment, and maintenance of new and existing backend web-hosting, DNS, mail and calendar solutions.
Your areas of responsibility will be
- Maintain existing backend systems related to performance, testability and stability
- Work with cross-functional development teams to build and innovate new backend feature
- Apply architecture and solutions that enable backend scalability and stability end-to-end.
- Programming strengths in either Go, Python, c, Perl, Ruby or Bash.
- Skilled with the Linux Operating System and standard automation tools like chef or puppet.
- General familiarity with several of the following technologies: PostgreSQL, CouchDB, MariaDB, Hitch, Varnish, DoveCot, Apache, Ansible, Icinga, Fluentd, Apt, Graphite, Grafana, Gitlab, Prometheus, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Solr
How we work
We have a professional but informal work environment with a relaxed and down to earth culture. People working here are extremely competent and come from around the world. You will work centrally out of Copenhagen 5 minutes of walk from the central station and our office has a panorama view of Kalvebod Brygge. one.com currently has around 300 employees across the globe and approximately 140 people in the Danish site. The nature and background of people mean that the official language in the company is English.
We believe in teamwork all the way. We are stonger when we discuss ideas openly and review shared code. We have some of the strongest minds within Open Source and Linux that you’ll find in Denmark so be ready to learn a lot when you join us. We promise that it will be challenging and fun.
We have built most of our processes based on technical solutions rather than paperwork and manuals enabling teams to move fast within defined technical limits.
- Relevant academic background, preferably in computer science or engineering
- Worked with Linux systems, administration, engineering and development
- A DevOps mindset with focus on continuous improvement
- English is our company language so you must be proficient in written and spoken English
If the above has piqued your interest, please go to APPLY NOW and submit your application and CV.