As Network Engineer you will be part of an infrastructure team that is responsible for design, configuration, deployment and maintenance of the infrastructure supporting our backend web hosting, DNS, mail and calendar solutions. You will have the chance to join this inspiring and global organization and be part of an exciting journey going forward with a company focusing on an international growth strategy.
Your areas of responsibility will be
- Develop future network solutions
- Maintenance of network spanning multiple European PoP’s - as part of that maintaining peering relations and managing DDoS mitigation, and L3-based datacenter network
- Develop and implement automation for networking components
- Work with cross-functional development teams to build and innovate new backend features
- Assist engineering team with network related aspects of troubleshooting
- Skilled with the Linux Operating System
- Experience with scripting in either Python, Bash or similar
- Understanding of BGP, MPLS, and IS-IS/OSPF
- A team-player with a pragmatic devops approach and mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with iptables(8) and tcpdump(1)
- Prior knowledge of anycast, peering
- Experience with GIT or other VCS
How we work
We have a professional but informal work environment with a relaxed and down to earth culture. People working here are extremely competent and come from around the world. You will work centrally out of Copenhagen 5 minutes of walk from the central station and our office has a panorama view of Kalvebod Brygge. one.com currently has around 280 employees across the globe and approximately 135 people in the Danish site.
We believe in teamwork all the way. We are stronger when we discuss ideas openly and review shared code. We have some of the strongest minds within Open Source and Linux that you’ll find in Denmark so be ready to learn a lot when you join us. We promise that it will be challenging and fun.
We have built most of our processes based on technical solutions rather than paperwork and manuals enabling teams to move fast within defined technical limits.
- Relevant academic background, preferably in computer science or engineering
- Worked with Linux systems, network engineering and development
- A DevOps mindset with focus on continuous improvement
- English is our company language so you must be proficient in written and spoken English
If the above has piqued your interest, please go to APPLY NOW and submit your application.